This is one of my most favourite Japanese dishes; so if you’re feeling a little adventurous one day, you can try this out!!
1/2 lb beef (cut for stew)
1 Tbsp oil
3 1/2 cups water (840ml) or see the package for the amount of water
1 box curry sauce mix (4 oz)
1 Tbsp ketchup
1 Tbsp Worcester sauce
1 Tbsp apricot jam
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp curry powder
- Cut vegetables into bite size pieces.
- Heat oil and brown meat in a pot, then take meat out.
- In the same pot, fry onions for 8 minutes. Add carrots and potatoes, then cooked meat.
- Add water to the pot. After it boils, skim fat, and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 45 minutes until the meat becomes tender.
- Remove from heat and add curry sauce mix. Stir well so the pieces of the mix dissolve.
- If you’d like to use the optional seasonings above, now add the ketchup, worcester sauce, apricot jam, and soy sauce. Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes (cook longer if you’d like it thicker).
- If you’d like to add the optional curry powder, stir it in just before serving.
- Pour the curry over rice.
Christina’s friend Bridget